We appreciate your interest in working with Fitch Even. We have an immediate need for highly skilled attorneys to fill the positions described below. In addition, we are always interested in hearing from lateral attorneys who can leverage our strong platform to better serve their clients.
Patent Prosecution Associate
We are seeking an attorney with 2 to 5 years of experience in the technological fields of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or physics to join a team of attorneys working predominantly for several high-volume clients. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Juris Doctor degree and membership in good standing in at least one state bar (IL or CA preferred)
- Admitted to practice before the USPTO
- Experience in the following areas:
- Conducting inventor interviews
- Drafting patent applications
- Drafting responses to office actions and appeal-related papers
- Conducting examiner interviews
- Interfacing with in-house counsel
- Additional prosecution procedures (e.g., after final practice, pre-appeal brief review)
- Experience in these additional areas is particularly beneficial:
- Preparing patentability and freedom-to-operate opinions
- Working with foreign law firms for prosecution of foreign applications
- Post-grant proceedings (e.g., inter partes review, reexamination, reissue)
This position can be based in our Chicago or San Diego office. At this time, we are all working remotely.
For consideration, please submit your cover letter, resume, technical writing sample, and law school and undergraduate transcripts to Jennifer Pezan, Recruiting Coordinator, at email@example.com, indicating the position for which you are applying in the subject line. We prefer direct inquiries from employment candidates.
Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery LLP is firmly committed to equal employment opportunity hiring practices. All candidates receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. All applications will be treated confidentially.
“The true camaraderie among
the people at Fitch Even
creates a supportive and
I have benefited greatly
from the free exchange of
knowledge and ideas.”