We appreciate your interest in Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery. We have an immediate need for highly skilled attorneys to fill the positions described below. In addition, we are always interested in hearing from lateral attorneys with a portable book of business.
We are seeking an attorney with 4 to 7 years of experience who is interested in honing and expanding their skills and practice. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Juris Doctor degree and membership in good standing in at least one state bar (IL preferred)
- Minimum of four years of experience practicing, managing, or leading IP litigation matters at a law firm, preferably patent litigation
- Excellent writing, research, and communication skills
- Experience planning, drafting, and reviewing pleadings and written discovery
- Familiarity with managing electronic discovery, including managing document collections and vendors, is a plus.
- Experience with depositions, motion practice, and handling oral arguments is a strong plus. Trial experience is particularly beneficial.
- Outstanding academic credentials. A technical degree is preferred but not required, particularly if candidate has significant substantive litigation experience.
This position will preferably be based in our Chicago office. At this time, we are all working remotely.
Patent Prosecution Associate
We are seeking an attorney with 2 to 5 years of experience in the technological fields of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or physics to join a team of attorneys working predominantly for several high-volume clients. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Juris Doctor degree and membership in good standing in at least one state bar (IL or CA preferred)
- Admitted to practice before the USPTO
- Experience in the following areas:
- Conducting inventor interviews
- Drafting patent applications
- Drafting responses to office actions and appeal-related papers
- Conducting examiner interviews
- Interfacing with in-house counsel
- Additional prosecution procedures (e.g., after final practice, pre-appeal brief review)
- Experience in these additional areas is particularly beneficial:
- Preparing patentability and freedom-to-operate opinions
- Working with foreign law firms for prosecution of foreign applications
- Post-grant proceedings (e.g., inter partes review, reexamination, reissue)
This position can be based in our Chicago or San Diego office. At this time, we are all working remotely.
For consideration, please submit your cover letter, resume, technical writing sample, and law school and undergraduate transcripts to Jennifer Pezan, Recruiting Coordinator, at email@example.com, indicating the position for which you are applying in the subject line. We prefer direct inquiries from employment candidates.
Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery LLP is firmly committed to equal employment opportunity hiring practices. All candidates receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. All applications will be treated confidentially.