Recorded Webinar from November 15, 2018
Please join Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery LLP for a free webinar, “FRAND Licensing: Recent International Developments,” on Thursday, November 15, 2018, at 9:00 am PST / 10:00 am MST / 11:00 am CST / 12 noon EST.
Understanding the latest developments in FRAND licensing is essential to developing appropriate strategies for licensing standard essential patents (SEPs), both as licensor and licensee.
During this webinar, we will provide an overview of recent developments in FRAND licensing as a process and as a result, including a discussion of the following:
- Guidelines published in Europe, China, and Japan for licensing of SEPs
- Key decisions from the U.S., the UK, and China regarding how to determine FRAND terms and conditions, including
- Unwired Planet v. Huawei (UK)
- TCL v. Ericsson (US)
- Huawei v. Samsung (CN)
In addition, we will address these topics:
- Who holds the FRAND burden of proof
- What it means to be a willing licensee
- Jurisdiction for deciding FRAND disputes
- The appropriateness of confidentiality agreements
Our speaker will be Fitch Even senior licensing specialist and patent analyst Curtis S. Dodd. With 20 years of industry experience, Curt is a veteran of patent valuation, monetization, enforcement, and portfolio management in the telecommunications and consumer electronics spaces.
IP Alert | Federal Circuit Affirms ITC Ruling Finding Patents Not Essential to LTE StandardNovember 18, 2022
In INVT SPE v. ITC, the Federal Circuit affirmed an ITC decision that held INVT's patent claims were not essential to the LTE cellular communications standard. Read more
IP Alert | U.S. Supreme Court to Consider "Full Scope" Enablement of ClaimsNovember 17, 2022
On November 4, the United States Supreme Court granted a petition for writ of certiorari to review the Federal Circuit's decision in Amgen Inc., v. Sanofi. Read more